Who are Crescent Tuition Ltd
Crescent Tuition operate a web based platforms that help clients find tutors. We take privacy very seriously and are always committed to protecting it. Below we’ve set out information and rules which defines what information we keep, and choices you have to access, update, delete, and control it.
Type of Information
“Personal information” is any information that we can use to identify an individual. For instance, this is data that allows you to be identified as a particular person, such as your name, phone number, or your address. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
Personal Information that we collect through our services
- Client Registration : Once you register with Crescent Tuition your email address is stored on our databases. In addition, we require the following data at a minimum to complete registration with our service;
- Your full name and title
- Your phone number
- Your physical address including postcode and town of residence
- Further optional information you can provide:
- Subjects and level you wish to be taught
- General information about what you are seeking help in
- Your availability
- Current school including their exam board, predicted/target grades.
- For a tutors, we store the following further personal information, these data items include;
- Subjects the tutor teaches
- The tutors’ gender, availability, qualifications and experience
- Photo identification (accepted documents are either a passport or driving license)
- A DBS document
- Contact Details of at least two references, with the referee responses to our questionnaire
- Profile photos
- Payment details
Our users are free to disable cookies within their browser, but this will likely limit the functionality of Crescent Tuition.
At this time, we do not respond to browser requests to “do not track”, we await the development of industry standards for how such requests should be interpreted.
Server Log Data
Our server store standard log files which enable us to view an individual’s IP addresses, from this we will be able to lookup which ISP is supplying that IP address. From our logs we are able to see the date and time at which you viewed each page on Crescent Tuition, other standard information in these log files include a “user agent” which shows which internet browser and operating system you were using. We mainly use this log data to see which pages are popular and other general user behaviour across Crescent Tuition.
From this data alone we are not able to collect any personally identifiable information. However if a user signs up to our service we are then able to track a particular user (via their IP address). This data is only used by Crescent Tuition, but we may pass this data on to legal authorities or other 3rd parties if we receive abuse from a particular user.
Right to Access / Deletion
Crescent Tuition acknowledges that our users have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. Our users have the right to seek access, or to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data.
Unless we have another legal basis for storing your personal data we will delete or de-identify the personal data we have stored about you within 30 days of being requested to do so.
Your General rights as a Data Subject
Since GDPR you have important right to protect your personal data. You can access any of these rights by contacting us through our contact form. The following is a summary of those rights;
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you would like to know more about what data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records where there is no longer a good reason for us to continue to process it.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
We will not be able to erase information that is required to maintain our business purpose, we have a legal reason to keep it, or data that is required to facilitate your contract with us.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time.
Within some of the pages on Crescent Tuition we may link to external websites, that is, websites that are not part of Crescent Tuition (third-party websites). Crescent Tuition are not responsible for the content of these external internet sites. We are careful who we link to, but since the sites are out of our control they could contain unsuitable content and may have privacy policies which differ from Crescent Tuition. Please review their policies if you are concerned.
All pages at Crescent Tuition contain familiar logo and menu system, if the site does not contain this layout you have most likely followed a link to an external website.
We take email privacy very seriously with users of our website. Any Email address the user supplies when signing up, are not sold to 3rd parties for marketing purposes. This includes any personal information we may obtain from emails we receive through our contact us form.
Payments are processed through bank payments through our account with Lloyds Bank, if you would like these deleted from our system then please notify us and it will be deleted within 30 days.
Contacting Crescent Tuition
Our Postal Address
14 New King Street, Bath, BA1 2BL